Monday, August 2, 2010

I Challenge You to a Duel, Colonel Sanders

You may have heard of Kentucky Fried Chicken's most recent creation, the Double Down. This culinary masterpiece functions on the principle of replacing bread with meat. Two fried chicken breasts compose the "bun" which lovingly sandwiches bacon, cheese, and a special sauce.
The Double Down was surprisingly less disgusting than I thought it would be. I actually found myself enjoying it. However, I considered how I could improve the concept. How could I create the "Double Down 6.0?"

I set to work in the kitchen to create some sort of new super-food. After weeks of research, sweat, tears, and genetic engineering. . .

I present to you . . .  the Steak Bowl!*


The Steak Bowl is the home to all the delicious foodstuffs which typically augment a steak: potatoes and sautéed onions and mushrooms. Bread bowls are so last year.

Game, set, and match, Colonel Sanders.

*Patent Pending

5 comments:

  1. This has the potential to be a hit, but where are the instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (p.s. the secret password I had to unscramble and type in order to add my comment was this:

    SLYZINGS.

    which is what I think you should name your creation.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are combining the KFC meal with yours, right? What would a "meat bowl" be without, of course a bowl made out of meet, but you should also add some fried chicken, or shredded pork, and maybe some sausage to the combo of ingredients 'in' the bowl too. That would complete the "meat bowl bomb."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Conrad just told me a DIFFERENT story of the creation of the so called 'steak bowl.' "Set to work in the kitchen," eh? I THINK NOT. But the best inventions are just 'happened' upon (i.e. electricity, cell phones and tampons). I feel you have deceived us, though, Dave. Now, tell the truth. You know why liars go...

    (Conrad is mad I'm typing this. "Let him enjoy his steak bowl," he said to me. Psht. Friends. Psht.)

    ReplyDelete